Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
chocolate toothpaste
Very few people in Canada have no problems with their teeth. We are first world country with third world dental health.

A dentist told my wife once that $3000 implant costs $20 to make, but there is myriad of middlemen. I talked with a dental nurse lately and she said there was a push to have dental covered by OHIP but Dental Association rejected it, apparently it would have cut into their profits. Something needs to be done about dental industry in Canada, it has gotten out of hand and it shows the signs of a cartel.

If bones can heal, why current dental dogma claims teeth cannot? I have been researching the subject and apparently it is possible to prevent and even heal cavities through nutrition. Some people had success remineralizing their teeth using theobromine, which is chemical from cacao plant, it is not toxic to humans in reasonable doses and has been proven to have better tooth protection than currently used fluoride, which is toxic. Someone has gone even so far as marketing chocolate toothpaste called Theodent (selling for $40 a tube). I say save your money and eat 99% Lint dark chocolate that sells for $3/50g bar or even make your own cocoa paste by thoroughly mixing 1tsp of olive oil and 1tbsp of cocoa powder - if you can eat it, most people find it too bitter, I actually enjoy the bitterness of pure cocoa. Don't chug it in, but let it slowly melt and flow around the teeth. Even 5 minute exposure to theobromine has remarkable protective effects.

There is a ray of hope in new technology called EAER (Eectrically Accelerated and Enhanced Remineralisation) that accelerates the natural movement of calcium and phosphate minerals into the damaged tooth and heal it and removes need to drill cavities. The technology is fairly new, from 2014 and I doubt Dental Association would allow that here as drilling is more profitable.
Im lucky I have benefits. So most of my stuff is paid but not all. They are many corrupt Dentists, maybe most of them are. Seen a documentary on it. They will operate on you when it is unnecessary to make money. Given that I have benefits, its seems a dentist would most likely try to do it to me. Just the fact of being cut open for no reason at all is scary.
I did not go to the dentist for 20 years and my death were bad. 15 cavities. I found a dentist, Dr. Kim. (Montrose plaza by food basics). He fixed me up, been with him for about 8 years now. some of my teeth were so close to root canals or pulling, but he tried to save them and did. I believe he is an honest dentist. I recommend you go to him. I never felt any pain from him and never had nothing done other cavities. He could of gotten away with doing so much more, but didn't. He gives 10% off if you do not have benefits.
Very interesting post Roman, thanks for sharing.
Bob D
After botched dental procedure in a molar about month ago, I developed ultra sensitivity in entire mouth. This got so bad that drinking room temperature water hurt, and forget drinking anything from fridge or even warm coffee. Even thin layer of fridge butter on the bread did hurt my teeth. Last week had it checked, but she only polished the top. I am sure it was nothing that simple because pressure sensitivity in new filling remained, she must have been just avoiding warranty procedure. Screw her, there is no way I am letting her in my mouth ever again.

Letting my immunity with help of few grocery store items handle it. Now one week later I can drink from the fridge. Still slightly sensitive, but 1000x better. What did I do? Every evening snack on 1tbsp of that cocoa paste I mentioned above and let it spread around the teeth. Switched to Colgate Sensitive Teeth Pro Relief and brush twice a day. And take a Calcium/Magnezium/Zinc every morning and evening. Not sure which one of these does most of healing, but something does work.
Roman you said, you had work on one molar and your entire mouth became sensitive. I would think it was not the work on the molar that made your mouth sensitive, because he only worked on one tooth. Rather it was something that could effect the whole mouth. Maybe the freezing or anesthetic or something had an effect of causing sensitive teeth, and after awhile the effect wore off.
I do not use freezing for routine dental surgeries and sensitivity developed slowly after that dental work and it's still going on. Dental problems may manifests elsewhere, earache, migraine, pain in different tooth, or as diseases spanning entire body, like stroke, memory loss, diabetes or even cancer. Is it so hard to accept that dental problem in bottom molar can affect entire jaw ?
Thanks for the warning..I have a cleaning booked in the very near future.
Bob D