Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Display flasher ATTiny85
(2016-02-26, 12:03 PM)jon Wrote: I had occasion to look at these recently as well, as a way of unifying and making bus capable other sensors. eg: i2c interface for a ds18b20, or reducing the math overhead on a bmp180

Btw. OneWire-DATA could share wire with I2C-SDA as both are open based data links, I2C won't see the traffic without SCK and DS18B20 won't reply unless very specific format is sent to it.
Hi guys,
I am glad that the ATTiny series chip is getting some attention here on the forum.
I feel that it is a great chip to work with.
The Trinket is another way to use the chip...I didn't buy any thus far.
https://learn.adafruit.com/introducing-t...troduction
Bob D
just an observation here - the pics seem to be way lower in cost for the comparable chip.

I have another project going with a tiny, potentially to drive a dc fan but sniff for the back emf pulses to make sure its actually spinning so one wire to control and tachometer out of a single pin on the cpu.
--------------- ---- --- -- -  -
If things weren't meant to be modified, they would not come with wires attached.
I built my circuit for my Bathroom night light 5 days ago, It is based mainly on Bobs original design. I am testing the battery power now. It has been going 5 days straight so far.

This circuit has to be Battery powered because it is decorative. Three mirror butterflies hanging on wire around the towel shelf. There is no outlet there. So there is three butterfly with led heads. I could not keep them on constantly at dark because it would eat up the batteries quick. I had to make them blink in a pattern that I programmed in the Atiny, and I am hoping to get at least 2 weeks out of it before recharge. With 5 straight days so far that would amount to almost 2 weeks of nights.

Final thing is to make a container and presentation good enough that my wife would be happy about for me to put it in bathroom.
Hi Darrin,
What it the current draw when it is dormant and when it is active?
Did you add an LDR so it doesn't run unless it is dark enough?
I think it would be neat as a group to design an ultra low power circuit like this up to and including the most efficient LED power scheme.
I like the way Roman shows us the math and calculations in his posts; I learn a great deal here.
Bob D
Hi Bob. I did add an LDR. However I took it out to test battery life. Its a 3 3mm led blinking circuit. The current fluctuates between 1 and 17 mA. So hard to guess the average current, it goes in a random pattern. Almost 7 days going straight with 2 AA batteries.

I like when Roman through's in the physics and math too.
(2016-03-09, 05:42 AM)darrin Wrote: I built my circuit for my Bathroom night light 5 days ago,  It is based mainly on Bobs original design.  I am testing the battery power now.  It has been going 5 days straight so far.

This circuit has to be Battery powered because it is decorative.  Three mirror butterflies hanging on wire around the towel shelf.  There is no outlet there.  So there is three butterfly with led heads.  I could not keep them on constantly at dark because it would eat up the batteries quick.  I had to make them blink in a pattern that I programmed in the Atiny, and I am hoping to get at least 2 weeks out of it before recharge.  With 5 straight days so far that would amount to almost 2 weeks of nights.

Final thing is to make a container and presentation good enough that my wife would be happy about for me to put it in bathroom.

Hi Darrin,
i am just reading through some past posts and wondered what the finished product looks like an how long the batteries are lasting?
Can you post a picture of the end result?
Bob D
Hey Bob. I will post picture later. The thing lasts about a week. I haven't put batteries in it in a long time, cause changing them once a week is still not worth it. I was thinking on reducing the amount of time the light comes on to make it last longer but i never did yet. Anyway the thing looks nice in bathroom even without the lights working.